Wilson and Chelseas Tips for Beating the Winter Blues
aka some fun examples of what we do during the boring winter months where outside playtime is limited to us)
1. We do a lot of running in the house, like insane running. I chase him, he chases me, sometimes a few object like to fall off tables etc. It surprising how much navigating a house and running at full speed tires one self and ones dog. Do house marathons.
2. Curl up on the couch and read a good book together, this way we share each others warmth and get to spend time together. Hurray!
3. The cat, both a source of warmth (when she allows it) and entertainment.
4. Outside walks have become limited to when its not windy and really cold out, but indoor walkies at petstores have increased. So have the amount of dog toys and treats. Straaaannnge. New toys also helps beat down the boring winter blues.
5. Winter seems to be turning into the time where Wilson learns more tricks. Some we teach him like circle, ignore food, jump between my legs and roll. Others he learns himself like, lets remove things from moms purse and bring it to her (papers, wallet, or sometimes feminine products which is embarrassing and funny when companies over), or nosing the leash hanging from the wall means walkies (though I think that is Wilson training me =/ mhmmm). Winter time is the best time for indoor doggie learning.
(taken from my comment on one of Corgi Butts posts)